CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

15 September 2007

Windy night

Two nights ago I had not long been in bed, at a time when most decent people are asleep, when there was a terrific bang followed by another smaller one. The Gadget Man and I both sat up. My heart was thumping.

"What are those dogs up to now?" he said.

I shook my head. "That wasn't the dogs."

Because I was most recently in bed, I made the trip downstairs and found the study door shut. Strange. I leaned into it -- and lean I had to do -- and wrestled it open. At the back of the house we have double doors that lead out into the yard, and one of these had blown open. No big drama, except I went back to bed with my adrenalin still running high. And Gadget Man was worried the side fence would blow down. The wind, because we have no trees or proper fences between us and the swamp, was phenomenal. For hours I listened to things banging and crashing, but eventually it eased and let me drift off.

0 comments: