CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

07 September 2007

Out with the dogs

Today, I had one of those funny walks. A German Shepherd was trying to hump our pup, who is still quite small. (For reference, I've put in a photo of the two of them taken a few days ago, and a couple more of her. Anyway, Luna didn't seem to perturbed, though she clearly didn't like it. I kept walking, and calling her, hoping she would come, because the shepherd was going off in the other direction, but all she kept doing was sitting down.

Then another passerby approached and said, "I think you should get your dog." I made a noncommital noise, because Luna still wasn't panicked, and I could see the shepherd wasn't actually trying to hurt her. But she hadn't finished with me. "That man's getting quite upset."

I nodded, and called Luna again. Still, she didn't come.

The passerby said, "You really should keep your shepherd under better control."

Huh? "Oh, no," I said, "the puppy's mine."

She seemed quite surprised, and just said "oh". Then, clearly, she thought about it a bit more and said, "So why's that man getting so upset?"

"The shepherd's his," I said.

"Oh," she said again.

So, off to the rescue I went, scooped up the pup, at which point the shepherd tried to hump me. Nice.

Oh, the joys of walking!


0 comments: