CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

07 September 2007

Chaos chaos chaos

So, today I find Sir Talkalot's school gets out a week earlier than all the other schools for the mid-semester break. Only trouble is I'm working extra days. Oh, well.

I'm having that feeling at the moment that I'm just a taxi service. I know it comes with the territory, but even so I wonder how I'm supposed to be in two places at once. On Wednesday, one child rang me from school where he was rehearsing a play (after school) and said, "You need to pick me up at six." Trouble is that I'm dropping other kid off at six, twenty minutes away. The Gadget Man was doing overtime, and my mother's in China. She always has some excuse like this when I need her to do me a favour! China! The lengths she'll go to.

Luckily, my life has been chaos for many years now, and I dread to think how often I had small children waiting for their mum on the side of the road, because Mum had been caught up at work. I tried to get away on time -- I really did -- but I failed more often than I succeeded. Now, I realise they were just in training. Still, when it's after dark, I hate the thought of them standing around, alone, in the cold, waiting -- even if it is in the school grounds.

I don't know where the days are going -- too much time slippage. Today, I spent over an hour trying to print out a calendar to replace my missing diary -- my missing diary with all my work hours penned into it. Arggghhhh! An hour does seem somewhat excessive, I know, but first it crashed the computer, then once I rebooted, it jammed the printer (probably required too much RAM), and then, once I decided to delete the job, it spent ages trying to do this, and required another reboot. Then, just when I got started, I got up to answer the phone and got my foot caught in the wires and accidentally ripped them out of the back of the machine. Another reboot followed. Eventually, I got to print my diary one month at a time (and then every second month came out without any day numbers!). This type of stuff is just typical of what happens to me. Why? Entropy -- ah, yes, I do remember the laws...

0 comments: