CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

08 September 2007

If I think I'm bad...

Mmm, I've just been reading over yesterday's "Chaos chaos chaos" post, and that set my husband off to reminiscing:

about the time he snuck home after dropping my son at scouts and slipped up to bed without saying anything. The scouts were doing a first-aid course, so I just assumed he'd stayed on to be a dummy. So when said scout didn't come home after 9 pm, I just figured they were taking longer than expected. After all, I had no reason to be perturbed because my husband was there, right? Wrong. He'd gone upstairs for a quick nap and gone to sleep. I'd been on the internet so no-one was able to phone through. My mother was less than impressed when she bought the said scout home at 11 pm, imagining we'd all been murdered. Said husband was very sheepish.

about the time he took said scout on a scouting trip to St Kilda at night, and said scout rang me to say that his father had lost him half an hour earlier, and he was now at their destination but husband (and daughter) were nowhere to be seen. I had to ring all the local policestations to leave a message for husband who hadn't remembered to take the mobile phone with him.

Then there is the mobile phone incident -- he got a new one, lost it within two days, and when three months later he found it, the same day he dropped it in the swimming pool. It's never worked since. I'm not sure we ever made one call on it, but we're still paying it off.

Oh, husbands, they are a magical breed.

0 comments: