CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

20 September 2007

"Lost" time

If there's one thing I hate about chaos, it's the time you waste in its midst looking for stuff. Any stuff. Small staff most usually. Paper stuff often. Occasionally something bigger. This week there have been two things: a tracker that goes with my son's iPod, because he's doing the Nike challenge. He has to run 40 km in two weeks, and for five of those days has had no tracker to monitor his progress. Luckily for him, I managed to find it in an obvious but unexpected place. More frustrating is the disappearance of my digital camera, which means my swamp blog has gone into hibernation mode. Of course the most frustrating thing was that I got up Monday morning to see the swamp full of water (something that's only happened once since I started the blog) -- and, no camera to record it! How can something as large as a camera disappear? Beats me. What does get me is how much time I lose looking for other lost things -- it's like trading one lost thing for another.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Ah yes, Kipple!

Lisa66 said...

Ligia says to tell you that all good Catholics NEVER lose anything! A quick prayer to St Anthony and "voila" the lost item is found!
Hmmm!

Tracey said...

Hmm, does St Anthony answer non-Catholic prayers? Might be worth it to find this camera, which remains AWOL. Most frustrating. Kipple indeed!