CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

23 August 2007

Unhappy endings

I picked my cat, Beth, up from the vet's today. She was okay, if somewhat balder for the experience of having given blood. Her whole chest and part of one leg have been shaved, so now it looks like I have a black-and-white cat. When I picked her up, they were just prepping Lita's cat Fox for surgery.

Sadly, Fox didn't make it through. Lita has done so much -- everything humanly possible -- but sometimes it just isn't enough. I know she worried that she might have condemned him to a life of misery had he survived, but I think we do what we can do, with the information that we have and the resources that are at hand, and she really went to heroic measures. I'm sure Fox is sitting up there somewhere, content to know that his family treated him as just that: family! Vale, Fox.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Chenna is praying to the cat gods for Fox's soul.

This is just so sad. Poor Lita. Poor Fox.

Tracey said...

Indeed. I really hoped it would turn out otherwise, and I'm sure Beth did too, but at least Lita did do *everything* she could.

Lisa66 said...

Oh, Tracey, I am so sad to hear that. As you said, at least your friend can console herself that she did all she could do.

Hope Beth is not feeling too sorry for herself.

On another note, how did your son's 40 hr famine go?

Cleo said...

oh tracey, thanks so much for your message.
Life does throw crap at people sometimes, i think the fact that I survived it somehow tells me there is something more for me in this world. I was right when I met my darling.

He knows my ENTIRE past, first guy to know it all. And yet he still loves me...strange i find that. But still, its awesome :)
I will definitely look that book up, thanks.
I don't think I am quite ready to write out my past for all to see. my parents still know NOTHING of it, I led such a well thought out double life. They thought I was just a moody teenager because of my school pressures (i was still an A student).

thanks again :) its so nice to see those kind of messages

Cleo said...

I get ya :) No my parents and the internet don't work that well. And hey if they found it....well they found it. But i have a HUGE doubt about that with my parents.
have ordered that book to read :) Thanks!

Tracey said...

No worries, Claire! Hope you enjoy the book.