CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

09 August 2007

Silent running

I've been blogless the last few days. Silent running. (A favourite film of mine -- and I forgave Bruce Dern every villain he played after Freeman Lowell!) Words have not been my friends. My sore hand has been healing. So that's not why. Perhaps it's been that I've been preoccupied with work and trying to get our Industry Overview online unit up in time. It seemed that every time I thought I had things under control, some other technical glitch would get in the way: moving to a new teaching platform, my computer not having a sound card and the other computer I could use not having enough RAM to edit audio files, the files being too big to put on the platform. It really has been a matter of two steps forward and three steps back. Especially, yesterday, when I spent hours uploading files to the system, and finding my computer crashing with every second file (don't ask me why because I don't know), and then, finally, it was all done, and I'd created a whole lot of links on the homepage. Victory. Except then I decided I wanted the links in a folder and to move them I had to delete the links, only ZAPPO! The whole learning modules, every one of them, disappeared. Such fun. Maybe that should read five steps back. I have been spending quite a bit of time at home doing it, admittedly. Time that should have been writing time. I was on a deadline, and I find deadlines very motivating things. But I'm not sure that was it either.

I think it's been more family issues -- Gadget Man working long hours and having to get up really early, Sir Talkalot missing his bus most days, which means I have to drive him to school, Princess Sleepyhead being her usual uncooperative self. Of course the children's universes star them as the central beings, so they don't really care that everyone else gets put out. Anyway, enough moaning. I may be quiet for the next three days because I've promised myself three big writing days. Time to wrack up some big word counts and get things rolling.

0 comments: