CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

01 August 2007

100 years of scouting

This morning, I, along with 999 other people -- most of them cubs/scouts/venturers/rovers/scout leaders -- had breakfast with the Governor of Victoria at Government House to celebrate the first hundred years of world scouting. Apparently, on this day, in 1907, Lord Baden Powell blew a horn to announce the beginning of the first ever scout camp.

I went as my son's guest. I think I had pictured (having toured Government House) a very long elegantly set table, and gourmet food. Instead I got a giant tent -- okay, marquee -- and eggs and bacon, scout style. Rather appropriate, really. It was an interesting, if a bit too early for me.

I've included some photos of Government House, the gardens there and the marquee.





0 comments: