CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

15 July 2007

Swamp

A while ago I discovered a blog where this American guy took a photo of his street every day, and speculated about the different cars there. I don't know why but I found this idea incredibly appealing, and sat for half an hour or so and looked at about six months of photos. Maybe it was the photographer in me interested in the different lighting and different moods. I thought at the time that I'd like to do something like that with the swamp at the back of my house. I love my swamp, and I love the fact that, because it's tidal, it can look quite different. Most of the time the part out the back of us is dry, but sometimes it is partly underwater, or almost fully submerged with little islands dotted all around the place. On rare occasions, it looks like a river. While I'm not going to bore you all with an everyday picture, I am going to post occasional swamp photos, just for the fun of it. Fun for me, that is.

4 comments:

Andrew Macrae said...

this is such a neat idea. dare i suggest you start another blog for your swamp photos? You could post one photo a day, or one a week, even, all taken from the same spot.

Ellen said...

Yeah, I was going to suggest something similar. That's a really gorgeous photo, too. But I think different angles and frames would help to keep it interesting over time.

Geez, now I want to follow suit, but I'm not sure I've got anything so profound to photograph as a swamp.

Tracey said...

Andy, Ellen, what are you doing to me? Another blog? No, no, I couldn't possibly -- oh, all right. Yes my initial idea was one photo per day from the same spot, but I'm not sure I'll manage this. So one photo some days. I do love the swamp. I'll put the new blog on the blogroll.

Ellen said...

Yes, FOUR BLOGS! From the woman who said she wasn't sure she needed a blog at all!

Hope you're getting some actual writing done!