CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10 July 2007

How to win (with the school hols)

Today, I promised to take the kids to the movies to see Bridge to Terabithia. All they had to do was to be up and ready by 11.50 am. Not too big an ask, I wouldn't have thought. But I decided it's hols, and I'm not going to stress about it or nag them; they could get ready at their own pace. And they did. One was ready at 12.15, and the other at ... wait for it ... 3.50, almost in time for the singing lesson booked at 4.

But I was happy. No stress. I wrote 3560 words. Now, I'm feeling a bit more virtuous. Tonight, I could do more, but I have to finish commenting on someone else's manuscript by tomorrow afternoon -- and if I get it done tonight, it means I can write in the morning when the kids are still asleep. Oh, joy!

0 comments: