CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

06 May 2008

Hectic plus one

Well, our big news this last week or two is that Princess Sleepyhead has been offered a place in the Australian Girls Choir. She auditioned late last year and was accepted into Concert Level, but there were no actual places available in this level. But now one has become available -- unfortunately not in the nearest venue, so instead we (or rather I, once my current crop of evening commitments finishes this week) have to hike on over the other side of town, battling peak-hour traffic, so that she can go sing for an hour and a half. She is keeping up her commitment with the Victorian State Singers as well -- they are such an excellent group, and are so privileged to work with Doug Heywood, who must be the best conductor on the planet. Yes, I am effusive in my praise, but not too effusive! Believe me, he deserves it.

Anyway, my writing friend Lita is over that way, so I'm hoping some times to catch up with her (and perhaps our other friend Ellen, depending on her commitments). Not sure how it will work yet, as I'll be time-limited by drop-off and pick-up times. The other weeks, I might just take my laptop -- and a rug for when winter settles in properly. I may just be able to squeeze in an hour and a half's writing, which would make the drive over worth it! Perhaps I can get myself a pair of fingerless gloves!

4 comments:

Cleo said...

wow well done to her thats aweomse!

Sounds like some good writing time to me :)

Sherryl said...

Yes, you definitely should take your laptop and write! You might be surprised what you can fit in. I am starting to train myself to write in one hour blocks. It's funny how suddenly you just get going because you have a time limit.

Just T said...

oh how exciting for her! Congrats!!!

Tracey said...

Thanks, everyone, for the congrats. She's pretty excited. Can't say I'm as excited about the peak hour traffic, but never mind...