CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11 March 2008

My silly, chaotic family

So, today, I have to take Sir Talkalot into school with his model of a motte and bailey castle. It's too big for him to get on the bus, especially as he has to take his violin, his laptop and his sports gear... So he has those all packed. And I tell him we have to leave at 8 a.m. because I need to be in at work early because the parking has just gone nutty this year (yes, thanks, facilities or whoever you are who have marked all the overflow parking areas as no-standing zones). I tell Princess Sleepyhead that she won't be able to get a lift today because we're going early. Her school is easy walking distance. 8.20 am Sir Talkalot finally tells me he's ready. There has been the appearance of the crazy harridan woman (i.e. me) in the meantime. What is so hard to understand in the must-be-ready phrase?

So, by this time PS is just about ready and begs a lift. She brushes her golden tresses (read birdsnest) in the car. We pull over at the kerb, and I scream at her to get out because I have to go and she's not moving, but she nonchalantly continues brushing. I'm gritting my teeth now. Any harder and my jaw will ache. She leaps out, and ST and I sail away, if not happily, at least away. We get caught at the train line, end up behind a slowwww truck, but at least the traffic is good. The traffic going the other way is horrendous.

I drop him at school, and he picks up his violin, his laptop, his project and... Not his bag.

His sister has taken his bag. With his art assignment. (He gets a demerit for this, and the teacher says she doesn't want to hear any more excuses, which is a bit harsh as it's his first late assignment for her.) He also loses marks on his oral presentation in another subject because his cue cards are in his bag -- he loses marks for not having them, and for his presentation being too short. (He later realises he left out two paragraphs, but as the whole thing was in his bag, I suppose he did well to remember what he did.) And could have been in trouble as he didn't have his sports uniform, which meant he had to sit out of his interschool sports.

And then to top it all off, I got lost in the extended car park. Don't ask. That's just too much information!

1 comments:

Just T said...

Hi Tracey. Tina from WW boards (teenyr).

Just love your blog. That was quite a day for you. Sounds like one of my mornings lol