CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

29 March 2008

Five fave things

Hmm, Claire has tagged me, so here's my response:

Five favourite snacks:
(i) chocolate
(ii) chocolate
(iii) chocolate -- can you guess where this's going? Oh, okay:
(ii) chips, preferably chicken flavoured, or sour cream and chives or chili flavoured
(iii) Twisties -- must be cheese flavoured. Hate the chicken ones. Otherwise, love Cheezels too.
(iv) corn chips -- must be cheese flavoured, or tangy cheese. Nice with guacomale, sour cream and hot taco sauce.
(v) cake -- preferably chocolate.

Hmm, I can see a serious problem here. Here's some others that I do enjoy:

(i) grapes
(ii) bananas
(iii) oranges
(iv) cantaloupe
(v) apples -- if tart and crisp

Five favourite quotes:

(i) Today is a good day to die. (Hmm, now I'm quoting Klingons. That is a worry.)
(ii) You only fail if you quit.
(iii) If you shoot for the moon and fail, at least you'll end up in the stars.
(iv) May the force be with you. Well, I could have said: "General Kenobi, years ago my father served you in the clone wars ..." Or quoted the whole movie, really.
(v) I am Locutus, a borg. Resistence is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service ... us.

Five things I love about my current job:

(i) I get to think about and talk about writing. When I'm doing research, it's about writing. Writing, writing, writing -- how could I not love my job?
(ii) If I muck something up, someone doesn't die. (Yeah, a legacy from my old medical laboratory scientist days, not that I killed anyone, but I did almost burn down the lab! And I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I had worrying about a grainy crossmatch (a check that blood is compatible). And I don't now get called in in the middle of the night.)
(iii) I get to work with people, rather than bits of people. I am a people person, and I enjoy interacting with the students. Really. I love it.
(iv) The team I work with -- man, are those girls dynamos! And fantastic to work with. Can't say that often enough.
(v) I feel like I'm making a difference -- that I'm helping my students realise their dreams, and that's an amazing feeling.

Five places I'd like to live:

(i) in the world of my novel. Hmm, would I really want to? All that violence? But the horses ... the horses ... And my protagonist ... So, yes, the city of Plinth.
(ii) Somewhere that's both rural and coastal -- on an estuary.
(iii) Jerusalem -- my favourite city in the whole world. At least to visit. An amazing city, so rich in history and in culture. The most extraordinary place I've ever visited.
(iv) London. Okay, I've lived in London and thought it sucked, but it would flag a return to my travelling days -- when London is not so much home but home-base.
(v) The Greek Islands -- Santorini, particularly, because how can anyone go past Santorini.
(vi) The moon. Am I joking? Of course not. Luna Base. Low grav, all of that. The view of Earth rising ...
(vii) Carcassonne -- beautiful medieval city, a chance to sharpen my very poor French.
(viii) Delft -- my father's homeland, one that is part of me (though he is from Druten, near Nijmegan, and my aunts are in Arnhem and Wijchen). Time to absorb the canals, the lifestyle, and research the time-travelling novel I'd like to set there.

Oh, did I say five? Clearly I'm mathematically challenged!

Five fave current TV shows:

This is difficult because I'm not sure I'm currently watching five, but here goes:

(i) The Sarah Connor chronicles -- nothing like a bit of SF in the mix, and I am enjoying this one. (And waiting eagerly for Battlestar Galactica -- as one of the few fans of both the old AND the new series -- and Dr Who (and Torchwood))
(ii) Grey's Anatomy -- love that McDreamy ...
(iii) Desperate Housewives -- I AM Susan. Well, Susan crossed with Lynette. (Ha ha, in looking for Lynette's name because I couldn't remember it I did a quiz to find out which one I am, and I'm ... Susan!)
(iv) Dirty Sexy Money -- my new guilty pleasure, which I only started because Nate from "Six Feet Under" was in it -- and didn't that show have the best ending EVER?
(v) Toss up between two shows that I'm watching on an occasional basis: The Biggest Loser and Medium. Like 'em both.

I tag whoever wants to run with it!

1 comments:

Cleo said...

hehe i love it!! :)

Pride is a sin! I will not embrace it :P (but yes we will see...)
Thanks girl :)