CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

03 July 2008

Daily life with a twist

We currently have no lighting -- nearly a week now. We do have electricity, but only one light in the whole house is working; it's obviously on a different circuit to all the rest. And we also don't have a hotplate (oven's okay though) or pool pump, or any electricity out in the shed. It's not a fuse; I know this because we have circuit-breakers not fuses.

Happily, we still have TV, the fan on the heater (or I'd have moved out by now), and my computers. It is curtailing what can be done in a day though -- especially when you're trying to get a book finished. Grrr. There go the evenings. Still, imagine if I didn't have my computer! I don't think I could survive.

The bathroom's still full of candles, and we have a couple of lamps around the house -- and the kitchen lighting is currently via the rangehood. How lucky are we that we changed the globes the weekend before last?

I suppose it really is time to call an electrician. Mind you, I was out with a friend last night who told me she had friends who had no lighting for three years. Three years! Imagine that. Just don't let The Gadget Man find out, or he might use this as the latest let's-cut-our-bills-down scheme. Actually, perhaps not. He's not very good at turning lights off!

1 comments:

Shrinking Tardie said...

WOW - that's hard core energy saving there :-) Hope it's something nice and simple and easy (read cheap) to have repaired!

And I agree - no computer and I'm out of there!

Nat