CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

23 June 2008

Three faces of Eve

These photos are all off the same "roll" in the camera, and were taken a few days apart.

So face no. 1 is Princess Sleepyhead after a drama performance for school the other day. I'm like -- what the hell happened to your hair? She was wildly excited about the wild hair and the crazy look.


Face no. 2 was her getting ready to go to her school formal. A bit too much eye make-up, but that was my fault. It would've helped if I'd had something other than a blusher brush to apply it with, but that's the problem when you (ie me) hardly ever wear make-up: you don't realise all your eye-shadow brushes have disintegrated. It looked okay at the time, but seeing it in the photos, I'm left thinking, hmm, too much. Anyway. She was less wildly enthusiastic about this hairdo and cut, which I absolutely love. Too short, she says. So flattering, I say. So much nicer than all the one length, which it was. Now, I'm thinking perhaps I should get mine done too, though neither of us will be blow-drying it to make it look like this every day. Don't have time or the inclination, which is perhaps a bit sad.


Face no. 3 is the chorister, after her first Australian Girls Choir performance at Monash University. Oh, my God, does that girl light up on stage. She loves her singing and performing, that's for sure. I wonder wear she gets it from: not from either of her parents, that's for sure. But then my brother has always been a bit of an exhibitionist.


But the formal was on Friday night, the performance on Saturday night, which meant getting her to rehearsals in the afternoon, and taking and picking up Sir Talkalot from an exam in the city. The weekend was altogether too full on. Ah, but isn't taxiing one of the great joys of this generation of parenting. I won't miss that once they both get cars!

4 comments:

Shrinking Tardie said...

Gorgeous Tracey! The eye make up was fine - you did a wonderful job! LOVE princess sleephead - I have a strikingly similar 'do' in the mornings :-)

And as for the smile on her face in the last photo - you can tell the girl is happy just to be there - can't imagine what it must be like on stage!

Isn't it nice to be able to genuinely like your own kids?

Hugs...Nat

Cleo said...

haha i love it! True different faces of her :)
She is beautiful.

Well done on the makeup!

Tracey said...

Yep, Nat, you're not wrong. Though I can't say I *always* like her. lol. She's pretty high maintenance at times.

Thanks, Claire. Not sure. Still think it's just a bit too much eyes -- and we couldn't find the foundation at all, which was a bit of a shame, because she was a bit spotty on the night.

Ellen said...

Stunning, Tracey, and I love the haircut. The transition between pictures #1 and #2 is quite something!