CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11 April 2008

Missing the action

One of the things I sometimes do is take photos for my swamp blog. (I used to have it on my blogroll but since changing skins I don't seem to be able to have a blogroll anymore, which is a bit sad.) I'm sure no-one else is interested in the swamp blog but me, but I really enjoy looking at it. I must have over 100 photos so far, and no two are the same, which I find totally amazing. I think my kids think the whole swamp blog marks me as mildly odd, but that's okay. I'll take mildly odd over dull and predictable any day. And to be honest, I don't think it's odd at all. I think it's fascinating. (But maybe that does just mark me as a major sad case.)

So, what I hate is when I see some weather anomaly, and I'm not close enough to the swamp to capture it. Tonight it was an unusual sunset, seen when we were descending the Westgate Bridge. Here it is -- would have been the right direction to capture it and all. Never mind.

6 comments:

Lisa66 said...

Great photo, Tracey. And BTW I used to look at your swamp blog when you had the link. Maybe I'm strange too!

Ellen said...

I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. It's like missing the opportunity to blog about some unusual devilcat behaviour. Which reminds me . . .

mimbles said...

I think you should be able to add a blogroll if you want one. I went to pyzar and grabbed a template that seems pretty close to the one you're using and had a play with it on my test blog (which I have for just this purpose). I was able to add a page element for a blogroll - click on layout and then page elements to edit/add one - it should work for your layout too.

Also, nice pic :)

Tracey said...

Ooh, thanks, Mim. You're right. I tried when I first took on the template and couldn't find the blogroll (and I'd had one, but it had disappeared), but it is available again now! (Or maybe I was just blind and didn't notice it.)

Thanks, Lisa and Ellen for your comments, as well.

Anonymous said...

Tracey, for the unitiated, what's a blogroll?

Tracey said...

Lorraine, it's just a list of blogs that you love to visit -- a list of links, usually located to one side of your blog posts, so you can click on them and see what your friends/fellow bloggers are up to.