CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11 November 2007

Time management

Why are we all so bad at it? Why does my daughter insist on emulating me by leaving assignments till the last minute? At least I would have realised that the one that told her to collect articles on France for one and a half terms and then write an essay on what she had learnt couldn't possibly be done in a night. Perhaps she could write an essay on how she shouldn't leave things to the last minute. So where is she today? She's gone to open day at the local yacht club, after spending yesterday at singing and then last night watching TV. Really, why should I worry? Why should I take on her worries as my own? Yeah, yeah, I know: because I'm her mother and it's part of the job detail. It sucks, though. Especially when it means I spent the whole night nagging. I hate nagging. Hate it with a passion.

Anyway, she's off with her brother (and her dad), and I have some peace and quiet. Time to write!

2 comments:

Sherryl said...

Did the nagging work? Obviously not if she spent the night watching TV! Gee, you could have saved yourself the anger, angst and stress by saying nothing at all (for the same result). I am currently tying my hands and gagging my own mouth, in order to stop myself from nagging my own daughter! But I've had 11 extra years of practice more than you.
What would happen if she failed said assignment? Really?

heatherf said...

Yes I see it all the time too. Even the best students still leave their work to the last minute but now and again someone does plan ahead and do it in advance. What a shock.

One and a half terms in one night - now that's a challenge!