CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

16 January 2008

Beach saga continues

So Princess Sleepyhead has her friend with the fractured leg around again, and I say to them that they should not go upstairs. "Oh, no," says the friend, "I'm all right getting up and down stairs." I raise an eyebrow at this, but clearly she's not listening.

Five minutes later, she's up and coming down and bang . . . Down half a flight, hurts both ankles! Arghhh. I so do not want this to be happening. Luckily, they're not badly hurt, and she can get around on her crutches still. So upstairs is now off-limits. Yes, officially, I've had enough of the school holidays. What I really want is some time with the kids at school and me at home! How cool would that be. Writing, writing, writing.

4 comments:

Lisa66 said...

What you need is for PSH to go to that kid's house for a change!

BTW I love the new look blog - very funky.

mimbles said...

Hi Tracey :) Thanks for the comment on my blog.

This beach saga has me cringing in dread at the spectre of teenage years ahead, eeep!

I'm not real keen on the idea of the combat side of re-enactment for myself, the crafting and target archery has much more appeal but who knows I might give it a go one day.

I'm finding this school holidays remarkably pleasant (I feel like there's some kind of horrific experience waiting to spring out on me and restore the balance...) and we're off to the Hunter Valley for a week on Saturday so there's only a couple of days to fill in before it's back to school time. Of course the forecast of cool and rainy for the week ahead may make the Hunter holiday less than stellar!

Tracey said...

Lisa, yeah, would be good but it's not a possibility, unfortunately. Not sure what's going on there, but there are issues, and her mother basically rang me begging me to take her for a few days.

Mim, yeah, teenagers. What can I say? We have archery quite near us -- a friend did it and ended up with bruises almost identical to yours. I should give this a go!

Hope you have a lovely time at the Hunter Valley, and that no disasters strike! Hope you get better weather than what's forecast -- we want rain but not always when we get it. The paradoxes of living in drought! lol. But, yes, things are a lot more relaxed in the holidays.

Cleo said...

ah kids...hope things are better now and the weekend went well :)

Miss ya on the boards!!!

xx