CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

06 March 2009

Trains and buses rant

Sir Talkalot continues to miss his bus, which infuriates me because it's impacting substantially on my time. I'm also infuriated that although there is a growing estate just down the road, no public transport services this area. If there were public transport, my problems would be solved, particularly as I think the private buses are way, way, way too expensive.


Princess Sleephead catches public transport. $400 per year gets her a train, bus and tram pass that she can use all over Melbourne, including on weekends. I think she can use it all over the state, in fact. In comparison, the bus ticket costs $2000 per year (although there is a government subsidy of about -- I can't remember. $400? $500?), and this allows him one bus ride to school and one home, on school days, and if he misses that bus then bad luck. There's not another one half an hour later. There's not any service on weekends or on holidays. That's an enormous disparity in both services and price. Oh, come on, government: extend those public bus routes, please!

0 comments: